Saturday, February 26, 2022

Shot List - Portfolio Project #8

One of the things I was keen on completing this week is an organized shot list of what my film opening is going to look like. I could have done a storyboard but I personally am not the best at drawing (I suck at drawing is what I'm trying to say) and I prefer just listing/typing.

(One quick note: I am not sure how many establishing shots in total I will use, it'll likely be anywhere from 3-6, for now we'll use 3)

Shot 1: Title Screen
"Guilty" in large white font on a black screen followed by any credits

Shot 2: Establishing Shot
-narration begins
-streetview of neighborhood

Shot 3: Establishing Shot
-narration continues
-streetview of neighborhood

Shot 4: Establishing shot
-narration continues
-houseview

Shot 5: Long Shot
-Subject approaching doorway of home
-narration continues

Shot 6; Medium shot
-subject reaches for and pulls out tool (screwdriver) 
-narration continues

Shot 7: Close Up shot
-subject uses screwdriver to unlock the front door
-subject opens door gently
-narration continues

Shot 8: Medium shot
-from inside of house
-subject seen entering darkly lit home
-narration continues

Shot 9: Medium shot
-subject pulls out trash bags
-narration continues

Shot 10: Medium shot
-subject begins looking inside drawers, taking stuff
-narration continues

Shot 11: Close up shot
-from inside cupboard
-subject seen rummaging through cupboard
-narration continues

Shot 12: medium shot
-subject reaches down to look at stuff in bag
-stair light flicks on, "Who's there?"
-narration ends with "Damn it"
-film opening ends

I'm sure that this shot list will change a lot as the project comes to fruition and as shooting begins, and I'm okay with that. For now, I kinda just wanted to make this shot list to just keep everything upcoming as organized as possible and to obviously guide myself/refer back to when filming.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection - Portfolio Project #25

Soooo… it’s been about 2 months since I’ve initially started this project and wow has it gone by a lot quicker than I expected. I didn’t exp...