Thursday, February 24, 2022

Final Plot Idea + Film Title - Portfolio Project #7

So today I decided to nail the final plot idea for my portfolio project.

I decided to go with a mix of my first and second plot idea that I mentioned in my previous blog (#6). The film will be titled "Guilty".

The film opening begins with a simple black title screen showcasing the name of the film in white font. Some background narration would then take over throughout the entire film. The narration would then consist of the main subject's voice, explaining his past, addressing morality, and what he is about to do. It would be a little comedic, but there'd definitely be a serious tone in place.

Some establishing shots of the neighborhood in the middle of night would kick off the film opening. Some diegetic sounds like crickets chirping would be present. One of my goals with using these e. shots is to give off the atmosphere of a quiet, desolate neighborhood (perfect for a burglar). The scene would then shift to the main subject, also the narrator, walking up to the front door of a house. Here, he begins getting out some tools and he begins picking at the lock with a screwdriver. After some time of fiddling with it, he unlocks the door and quietly opens it. The subject then enters the home and scans around. The home is quiet and dark, there is no one there. The subject, bags in hand, begins taking valuables around the house. 

After taking some stuff, the subject reaches down to take some more things on the floor until he hears the flick of a light (it is the stair light) and someone yells down "Whos There?" The film opening then ends with the subject, in his inner narration voice, saying "Aww shit" or "Damn it".

I kinda chose this plot because it just seems somewhat easier to do as an individual with little help from others as I kinda want to do this on my own. This plotline might change as production is set to begin for me starting sometime next week (maybe I'll be too short on time or vice versa, I don't know, stuff happens okay). I'm in the process of also making a storyboard for this entire process which I will be sharing with you all in my next blog along with some other info so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection - Portfolio Project #25

Soooo… it’s been about 2 months since I’ve initially started this project and wow has it gone by a lot quicker than I expected. I didn’t exp...