So today I decided to kind of land on some more plot ideas as I want to have my final plot idea/plan done by the end of the week. I also want to have a plot idea that I know I'm going to be confident with.
I kind of touched upon my main plot idea in my first Portfolio Project blog. To summarize it, the main subject is in the middle of breaking into a house, until he starts hearing sirens and realizes that he tripped an alarm. Right now I kind of feel like that idea is a little too basic in a way so I think, instead of the subject tripping an alarm, the subject actually finds out there is someone in the house and the subject needs to escape.
I don't know exactly how I'm going to show that there is a person in the house. I thought of maybe, as the subject is searching the house, a light turns on in another room and then the person (presumably the owner of the house) yells out "Hey who's there?!", and then the subject realizes he's robbing a house with a person in it so he starts escaping. Maybe as the subject starts running some more voicelines follow like "What the hell?!" or something along those lines.
I was also thinking of another plotline in general that I could follow. Like I said in a previous blog, I kind of wanted this film to at first show off the mind of a criminal and maybe some moral issues. So, instead of some robbery scene, I could do an introduction-like scene where a mix of dialogue and shots of the criminal's workshop (a dimly lit garage) full of tools (crowbars, gloves, screwdrivers) introduce the main subject, who is getting ready to commit a crime (not yet known, presumably a heist).
The dialogue in the background throughout the entirety of the opening could be his own voice kind of addressing his past, some moral dilemmas, what he does and why he does it, and what might happen next. The dialogue would be used to create a sense of mystery that will keep the audience wondering what happens next (presumably the subject goes out to commit a heist-like crime). Shots of his criminal workshop could include close ups of his tools, maybe a framed picture of his family or someone he cares about (show moral dilemma), a dimly lit light, and him putting on those gloves/putting on dark clothes.
Throughout the opening, you don't really see the subject's face, instead you just see shots of the subject's upper or lower body, until the end of the opening where he shows the back of his body (dressed in black) as he stares off at a large map at the center of his little criminal workshop area, or a board showcasing his plans for the crime.
As of now, I think I am leaning more towards the second plot idea, simply because I feel like it fits my original goal for this opening more and because I think it would be somewhat easier produce by myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment