We recently began our Portfolio Project for my Media Studies class.
I'm looking forward to working on this long term project, as it is something that is usually not delved upon in other high school classes. The only other project I have ever had any experience with working long term on was for Global Perspectives. The thing with that project though is that it lacked heavily on the creative aspect that the Portfolio Project seems to be more focused upon.
One of the genres that I have been researching now is the Crime genre, specifically Crime Thrillers. I'm very interested in the theme of crime and mind of criminals in general. For some time now, I have had a general interest in the world of law and the legal/justice system in our country as I aspire to work somewhere in the legal field, hopefully as a criminal attorney in the future.
With this general interest, I have also been interested in the mind of criminals and what it can be like being a criminal. One of the things I have learned from my Comprehensive Law teacher Mrs. Marks, who before becoming a teacher was a criminal attorney in the state of Florida, is that the life of a criminal is usually not always something that is fun. Criminals tend to live in anxiety and fear of being caught and arrested.
Here is one of the ideas I thought of for the plot of this Crime Thriller-based film opening:
The opening begins with slightly ominous music as the title/main credits roll. I haven't thought of a good title yet so I'll be leaving that aside for now. The main subject is breaking into the house of a family that is either out of town or just not at the house presently. The subject begins taking valuables across the house and dumping them into his backpack. Suddenly, the subject hears sirens and realizes he tripped the home's anti-theft alarm. As the sirens grow closer and closer, the subject makes a run for it out the backdoor.
As the project grows into fruition, I expect this initial plot idea to change in some ways.
My goals for this project is to present a scene by scene play-out of this heist in action to show the thrilling and adventurous aspects of being a criminal, which introduces us to the main character. This plot will hopefully offer a good introduction to the most exhilarating part of being a criminal that will draw the audience in for what the rest of the film will be about, that being the other side of being a criminal, the anxiety-ridden and fearful life of being a criminal.
No comments:
Post a Comment