Crime thrillers are a type of crime film that offers a suspenseful account of any crime or crimes, no matter its success or failure. Crime thrillers and a variety of crime drama films focus in general on the criminal/criminals perspective rather than the police's viewpoint. The police are usually the antagonists of the overall plot.
Crime thrillers unlike crime dramas show the suspenseful parts of being a criminal, like shootouts and actual crimes taking place. Crime dramas, however, focus on the moral dilemmas of being a criminal.
In terms of target audience, crime thrillers are enjoyed by both males and females, but males usually tend to dominate the demographics of this genre, especially those aged 17 and onward. The target audience of these films tend to enjoy darker tones and suspenseful scenes.
Like I said before, I am still indecisive about which sub genre of crime to focus my film opening on. What I want to do is portray both the suspense and moral problems of being a criminal. Right now, I think I'm just leaning toward calling it a Crime film in general rather than focusing on one sub genre specifically.
Some sources used
No comments:
Post a Comment