Today while editing I ended up exploring the world of sound effects using the website from one of my previous blogs (Number 15 to be exact, freesounds.org). I found some pretty cool "cricket" sound effects that gave off the "outdoor nighttime ambience" feeling that I really wanted to encapsulate throughout my film opening. Anyway here are the links to the 3 main sound effects I used.
https://freesound.org/people/thedogryan420/sounds/146033/
https://freesound.org/people/justiiiiin/sounds/365075/
https://freesound.org/people/RSilveira_88/sounds/216214/
While editing on Premiere I also found a cool way edit the specific audio files and sounds by going over to the Audio tab and using the Essential Sound tab to edit its volume or give it a preset based on what kind of sound file it is (ex. Dialogue, Ambience). This overall really helped with sealing in the feeling I'm trying to go for with this project and making the film opening sound better.
Here is that feature in action.
Anyway, here is my editing reel for today. As of now, the opening still stands at 1:59 minutes long.


No comments:
Post a Comment