Thursday, March 31, 2022

CCR Creation Part 3 - Portfolio Project #24

4. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

Throughout the process of creating my film opening, I definitely made use of plenty of technologies regarding the 3 main timeframes of this process: planning, production, and post production. One of the only resources that I used throughout all 3 timeframes was Blogger.com to document the the whole process through the span of over 25 separate blogs. When planning at first, I would use my notes app on my phone to jot down any ideas that came into my head and make a schedule of what I wanted to accomplish for the week regarding the project. 

Regarding production, I used my iPhone to film the entire opening and my tripod that I originally bought for my 8th grade film class. I also used the onboard microphone and voice memos app on my phone to record the narration lines. I made use of Google drive to save and upload all of my recordings, and, although it did take some time to upload all the recordings, it all did work out in the end. 

Finally, when migrating the realm of post production, I used Adobe Premiere Pro to edit the opening and piece everything together, from the video recordings, audio recordings, and the sound effects. Luckily, I was already somewhat experienced with Premiere Pro as Iv used it before to edit projects from previous classes, and anything I had a problem with was easily fixable through a quick Google search or an online tutorial. Speaking of sound effects, I used freesounds.org’s catalog of sound effects, specifically those regarding outdoor nighttime ambience-type sounds like crickets chirping or an owl hooting to depict that nighttime, desolate atmosphere that I was really trying to go for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflection - Portfolio Project #25

Soooo… it’s been about 2 months since I’ve initially started this project and wow has it gone by a lot quicker than I expected. I didn’t exp...