3. How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?
Now, before I began producing my film opening, I had little experience doing these very long term month to month projects, and it was a little hard sometimes balancing other difficult class work with this project. So, every week I set up a schedule for myself in what Id want to finish for that week in order to keep things running smoothly.
I began planning and plot thinking by thinking of what topics interest me and what kind of films I personally have the tendency of enjoying and heavily researching my chosen genre of crime. I researched some actual examples of the kind of film I was trying to go for and the specific conventions that these films use to portray crime. One of the main things I remember changing and reworking a lot early on was the plot, as I had to jump through many different plot ideas and directions that I thought of. Luckily though, after finishing actual production of the opening, I think I had made the right decision in which plot idea to choose.
Speaking of production, it actually went a lot more smoother than I was anticipating luckily. When filming the burglary scene, I did have the problem of getting the lighting right, as I obviously couldn’t have the scene be too bright as the setting takes place at night, and I couldn’t have it too dark or else it’d barely be visible.
Finally, post production was also, luckily, an overall smooth experience. Whenever I did come across problems when editing, it was usually nothing too complicated and a short YouTube tutorial would always fix the problem. I also had to re-record some of my voice lines used for the narration part because of time issues, but it luckily wasn’t too much of a hassle.
The entire process from planning to post production was one giant leap I guess I would say. When I began, I certainly was a little scared for what was about to come, but luckily, now that the project is over, I feel like I ended off in a right way.
No comments:
Post a Comment